Guided Walking Tour
At a glance
Stella Maris Hotel Kilkee
€30 per person. Reduced price available for groups of 15 or more people. Enquire here.
5 – 20 people
All year round (weather permitting)
Baltard Guided Walking Tour
On the first tour of the loop, we drive along Lake Street to the starting point at Nancy’s cottage. From there we trek along the cliff top until we come to the hidden bay that is called the Hoobans.
Learn about the smuggling and barter that went on in the 18th & 19th century. Further on you’ll be blown away by Baltard’s amazing cliffs and soak up the history of the signal tower now in ruins but still maintaining its magnificent presence perched high on the cliff top.
A short stroll along quite country roads will have you back at Nancy’s in no time.
- All our guided walking tours require at least 5 people to start. You will receive an email to confirm if the tour goes ahead.
- If we don’t reach the minimum amount of participants we will offer you an alternative date or we will fully refund your fees.
- Optional extras like a packed lunch, gourmet picnic, transport from your accommodation or an overnight stay at the Stella Maris Hotel in Kilkee are available. Please click here to inquire before booking.
- You can cancel your booking up to 2 weeks before the tour date.
- We offer reduction to groups larger then 15 people. To get this reduction click here and fill in the form. We will send you a coupon code that gives a 10% reduction of the total price.
- Wear sturdy boots.
- A waterproof jacket is essential for Irish weather.
- A light ruck sack is also handy for carrying water and other personal items.
- Although all of our walks are very doable a certain level of fitness and stamina is required especially on the Goleen and Loop Head Walk.
- Our walking tours are not suitable for children younger then 7 years.
- You can not bring a pet with you on our walking tours.
- All our tours start and finish at the Stella Maris Hotel in Kilkee
- Experienced walking guide
- Off the beaten tracks walks
- Public Liability Insurance
The following optional extras can be arranged for you or your group. Please click here to inquire before booking.
- A packed lunch on all our walking tours.
- A picnic to be set up at the half way stage of our longer walks (Baltard and Loop Head).
- Some of our walks have spectacular swimming coves hidden away from public view especially the Baltard Walk and the Cusheen Walk. On these we advise bringing your swim wear, weather permitting.
- For anyone wishing to visit some of our destinations on bikes by road we can arrange for eBike hire (local bike hire company) to facilitate you, we can also provide you with a picnic lunch on your excursion.
- Check out some of the other adventures and services Loop Head has to offer.
- We can arrange pickup by taxi to and from the starting/end point of our walks from your accommodation.
- We can arrange accommodation in Kilkee’s Stella Maris Hotel.